Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies to/in the serving areas. Maintain quality of food and presentation. Perform tasks with speed and efficiency. Must be positive and gracious, while ensuring the highest level of customer service. Receive payment for a-la-cart goods by use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment.
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in the Culinary Catering industry–learning from one of the best! Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Help Meriwether Godsey be a leader in the Culinary Catering industry!
- Transport food and supplies to serving area
- Set-up, maintain, breakdown food serving areas and set up beverage area
- Serve resident with food and beverage as specified on menu
- Safety and Sanitation
- Communicate “front-of-the-house” needs to Cook to ensure smooth flow of meal period and no interruption in service
- Clean and sanitize work areas, dining tables and chairs, and equipment
- Display cheerful, helpful, courteous, and professional appearance
- Follow correct food handling procedures to ensure food safety
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location:Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, (Richmond, VA)
Status: Part-Time, variable hours including nights and weekends
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience & Requirements
- 1-3 years related experience.
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace.
- Reliable transportation
- ServSafe Food Food Handler Certification preferred.
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Professional conduct, appearance and communication
- Versatility, flexibility, and “high energy” multi-tasking capabilities in work relationships and job function
- Committed focus on customer service, quality, cost consciousness and safety
- Committed focus on creativity, teamwork, orderliness and planning
- Judgment, decision making and accountability
- adaptability, flexibility, resilience
About the Company
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs over 500 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. Smaller by design, and regional in focus, means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
EOE & WBE
MG is a certified WBE (Woman Business Enterprise, VA Department of Minority Business),
and an equal opportunity employer whose people-centric culture leads to diversity at all levels.
Please apply in person at
The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens – Robins Room
(1800 Lakeside Avenue, Richmond VA, 23228)
Sunday August, 14th
12pm – 5pm