Meriwether Godsey is founded on the belief that outstanding hospitality, quality and customization can be delivered in the Contract Dining & Catering Industry. Headquartered in central Virginia, our partnerships with clients and employees alike begins with our commitment to our Culture & Core Values. Experience it once and you will understand! We are a family of 650+ talented, and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts. Learn more by visiting www.merig.com or follow us on Facebook.
Lead menu planning, ordering, preparation, cooking, and presentation of daily meals in high volume, college environment, as well as special events and high-end catering. Be equally comfortable with managing both back and front of the house duties. Maintain quality and perform tasks quickly and efficiently. Ensure adherence to company recipes. Assist in testing and developing new made from scratch recipes. Develop staff into a fun, flexible team. Embrace fresh, local, scratch. Buy organically and locally produced foods, whenever possible, and work with production staff to incorporate these products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis. Promote and adhere to current sustainable practices such as recycling, biofuel, composting, and recommend innovative ongoing program enhancements or efficiency changes to increase these practices, and financial targets.
- Culture: Ensure the delivery of MG Best Practices, Core Values, and non-negotiable standards of quality and hospitality.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead by example with the goal of engaging, coaching and developing team members.
- Client Responsibility: Maintain effective client and customer centric relationships. Proactively communicate with client regarding operations and opportunities.
- Financial Performance: Lead all phases of financial planning, budget/costing analysis and reporting in order to achieve operating and financial goals.
- Compliance: Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, and employment.
- Productivity: Plans and develops budgets, schedules and inventory effectively to ensure operations run smoothly. Plans, develops, and implements in-service training programs for team development and growth.
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location: Sweet Briar College, (Amherst, Virginia)
Salary/Wage: $55,000-$60,000, Exempt, based on experience
Status: Full time, Salaried
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Loves Food, People, & Serving Others
- Associate’s Degree or five or more years related experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Food Service Operations, Catering, Management Experience.
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- Experience in economic and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
Meriwether Godsey is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, handicap, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.