What makes Meriwether Godsey different is our commitment and capacity to create unique, customized dining experiences for each of our client communities; to set higher standards for ourselves and to meet them; and to provide more support to our teams to deliver on these promises. Headquartered in Central Virginia, our partnerships with clients and employees begin with our culture & Core Values. Experience it once and you will understand! We are a family of over 650 talented, and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating from North Carolina to Massachusetts. Learn more at merig.com or following us on Facebook.
We seek a professional leader who is high energy, has a passion for food and service, loves developing talent, and is a creative problem solver capable of implementing solutions that serve client goals and align with ours. This position is a great opportunity to help shape strategy and drive growth in an employee-owned company. Reporting to the Senior District Manager, with a dotted line to the CEO, this person will serve as the primary link between the company brand and ideals and our operating environments. It’s the District Manager’s mission to maintain effective, long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships; lead assigned accounts to exceed their operating and financial goals; and guide the skill development of managers and staff. Additional responsibilities of the District Manager are to ensure the customer experience meets their expectations and is in line with our Core Values through ongoing support, monitoring, and coaching to our teams.
Client Relationships & Account Retention
- Lead designated accounts to deliver remarkable services that delight clients.
- Build, manage and establish relationships with key client liaisons and other account partners: effectively communicate operational matters.
- Introduce and implement programs and strategies that fulfill client’s short and long-term needs; continuously “resell” company brand and culture.
- Foster a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers, and employees; promote and support workplace diversity.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth, client retention, and company brand. Promote and network Meriwether Godsey in the marketplace to attract new business.
- Drive customer satisfaction by gathering feedback from all sources; assist account teams in establishing, prioritizing and executing action plans.
- Form collaborative relationships with CEO, CBO, CFO, CHRO, Culinary Team and other company leaders to continuously improve our brand, people development, processes, and systems. Provide appropriate communication and reporting of operational details to key stakeholders.
- Play a hands-on role in onboarding of new accounts in the district.
- Serve as interim account director if the need arises.
- Serve as a member of the company’s senior leadership team, helping to drive growth, continuous improvement, and distinctiveness of our brand.
Director/Manager Skill Development
- Maintain working relationships with direct reports and account teams. Support through regular contact and visits to assess performance and adherence to Meriwether Godsey Core Values, standards, and best practices and ensure sufficient resources.
- Provide on-the-job training; engage, coach and develop team members to be their best and to realize opportunities for growth.
- Play a critical role in recruiting, onboarding, training, succession planning and promotions. Continuously develop bench strength.
- Manage account business models to meet client and company goals and to be good stewards for both.
- Review and analyze financial data relative to operations; guide accounts to exceed profitability goals while meeting client budgets; negotiate annual contracts.
- Develop district forecast and communicate updates and deviations to company leadership.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in a leadership role in food service management; multi-unit strongly preferred
- Contract-managed service experience preferred
- Mastery of human resource management principles and procedures
- Mastery of economic and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of sustainable practices in food services
- Strategic leadership skills
- Participative management style, servant leadership philosophy
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of growing client accounts
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Proficiency with Google Applications; Excel; mobile technology
- Desire for travel intensive role (up to 70%) valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required
Meriwether Godsey is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, handicap, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.