Lead menu planning, ordering, preparation, cooking, and presentation of daily meals in high volume, independent school environment, as well as special events and high end catering. Be equally comfortable with managing both back and front of the house duties. Maintain quality and perform tasks quickly and efficiently. Ensure adherence to company recipes. Assist in testing and developing new made from scratch recipes. Develop staff into a fun, flexible team. Embrace fresh, local, scratch. Buy organically and locally produced foods, whenever possible, and work with production staff to incorporate these products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis. Promote and adhere to current sustainable practices such as recycling, biofuel, composting, and recommend innovative ongoing program enhancements or efficiency changes to increase these practices.
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to be an inspirational leader in the day to day preparation of food with one of the best! Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Be a leader in a unique company in the Dining Management industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Production, Loss Control & Inventory
- Product Ordering & Receiving
- Safety & Sanitation
- Equipment Maintenance
- Training, Counseling, & Evaluating Staff
- Account Supervision
- Customer Service
- Quality & Brand Assurance
- Presentation & Culinary Artistry
Company: Meriwether Godsey
Location: Virginia Theological Seminary, (Alexandria, VA)
Salary/Wage: $60,000 – $65,000, Exempt
Status: Full Time/Salary
Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or five or more years related experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Food Service Operations, Catering, Management Experience.
- Working knowledge of front line operations.
- Experience in human resource management principles and procedures.
- Experience in economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Comprehension and application of commonly available technology
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification
- Reliable Transportation
- “Loves Food, People, & Serving Others”: passion for food and hospitality, in and outside the workplace.
Competencies Needed (and, most of all, the ability to inspire these talents in others!)
- Results oriented leadership and talent development
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning / action and project accountability / execution
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and change management
- Judgment, decision making and accountability
- Sales and marketing for growth
- Reasoning, creativity and innovation
- Conflict management and team building
- Quality, brand and regulatory assurance & attention to detail
- Customer care and focus
About the Company
Meriwether Godsey is an employee-owned Dining Management Company headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. Founded in 1985 on the belief that true hospitality can exist in a “cafeteria”, we have built a family of employee owners who share our passion for food and commitment to service. As we grow, so does our family. MG employs over 500 talented and dedicated “owners” — managers, chefs, and service staff — operating throughout Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Smaller by design, and regional in focus, means real involvement by long-tenured senior management.
MG’s Culture is our most substantial benefit. Experience it – you will understand! Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401K, profit sharing, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, job training programs, and paid vacations. We also offer employee stock ownership to reward tenure with the company.
OR fax to 1-877-384-1155