March 19, 2012
Becky Tweedy, Assistant to the President
Improving Gas Mileage – every little bit helps!
As gasoline prices continue to increase, an improvement of just one or two miles per gallon can really add up!
- Slow down As speed increases, fuel economy decreases exponentially. You’ll save fuel, and be surprised that trips really don’t take that much longer!
- Check tire pressure Time & temperature affect tire pressure, and underinflated tires have more rolling resistance. Check pressure once a month and fill to manufacturer’s specifications
- Accelerate with care ‘Jack-rabbit’ starts (and hard brakes) are major fuel wasters; moderation is the key!
- Lighten up Keep your vehicle cleaned out. Additional weight adds up and wastes fuel. Every little bit helps!
- For more information, visit http://cars.about.com/od/helpforcarbuyers/tp/ag_top_fuelsave.htm