Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Food Service Associate for an all-girls college preparatory school located in the heart of scenic Northern Virginia.
What you will do:
- Transport food and supplies to the serving area: assist in the set-up, maintain, the breakdown of dining, food serving, and beverage areas.
- Serves and replenishes food from food counters and steam tables.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Keep dining room areas and assigned kitchen areas neat and organized
- Clean and sanitize work areas, dining tables, chairs, and equipment throughout and after meal periods
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of other kitchen areas by following daily and weekly cleaning assignments
- Assist with receiving and storage of food products and food preparation
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
What you will need:
- 2-5 years related food service experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification preferred.
- Reliable Transportation
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Northern Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.