Requisition # 1058
Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Sous Chef, responsible for working alongside the Executive Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking at a private school located in Northwest, DC
What you will do:
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Assist Chef with all aspects of production; work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Train additional kitchen staff in accordance with MG recipes and kitchen policies
- Conducts training and in-services for staff in an assigned area
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations
- Adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recordings
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimize waste through driving sustainability programs to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery
- Conducts daily pre-production and service meetings. Ensures serving food according to standards
- Additional duties may include: Fill in for Chef when necessary, purchasing/ordering necessary products, responsible for team production, quality assurance, and other duties as requested
What you need:
- Formal Culinary Training or a minimum of 4 years culinary experience preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably school environments.
- Experience with purchasing/ordering preferred
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Metro DC market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.