Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Barista, responsible for providing our guests with the finest drink service, accompanied by attentive and gracious service at Guilford College, a vibrant liberal arts college serving students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful 349-acre wooded campus in the lively college city of Greensboro, North Carolina.
What you will do:
- Make and serve specialty coffee, tea, and additional hot/cold beverages
- Greet and interact with customers while displaying a positive and friendly attitude
- Adhere to recipes and presentations for food and beverage item
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work station including, but not limited to, sweep and mop floors of cafe and severy, empty trash cans, clean grinders, etc.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items
- Maintain stock of cafe inventory
What you need:
- A preferred minimum of 3 years Barista/Cafe experience
- POS experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable Transportation.
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Cultivate your culinary skills with an employee-owned, value-based company that prides itself in growing great talent.
Guilford College prepares its students to be productive, responsible members of a world community through a transformative, practical and excellent liberal arts education program designed to prepare career and individual development. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Guilford College shine and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the education market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.