Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Prep Cook, to assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation for daily meals and special events in an upscale restaurant-style dining setting at The Summit; an independent retirement community located in scenic Lynchburg, VA.
What you will do:
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Assist Chef and production team with all aspects of production; work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Prep all items needed for daily and weekly menus created by the chef; measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in production.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Maintain a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen and adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recording.
- Assemble plates according to guest checks, paying close attention to special orders, allergies, preferences and with efficiency and accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining food quality and performing tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management or Chef
What you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent; training from a culinary program will be an asset.
- 2 – 3 years food preparatory experience preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably restaurant environments.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills and customer service focused
- Passion for reducing waste and promoting sustainable practices
- ServSafe® Managers Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Central Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.