Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Prep Cook, to assist in the production and preparation of daily meals and special functions at the Virginia Episcopal School, a private college preparatory school located in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains.
What you will do:
- Assist Chef and production staff in food production in a timely manner, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Follow prep list created by the chef, accurately measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties and prepare simple dishes, following recipes provided.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods, follow recipes, and keep accurate production logs.
- Work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis.
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Maintain a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen and adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recording.
- Assist in maintaining food quality and performing tasks quickly and efficiently.
What you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent; training from a culinary school will be an asset.
- 2 – 3 years food preparatory experience preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably school environments.
- Leadership and organizational skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills and customer service focused
- Passion for reducing waste and promoting sustainable practices
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Free Meals Provided
- Free Uniforms
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help the Virginia Episcopal School and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Central Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.