Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Utility Steward/Dishwasher at the Virginia Episcopal School, a private college preparatory school located in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains. Full time and Part time hours are available.
What you will do:
- Maintain sanitation of the kitchen, servery, dining room, and other areas assigned by Management.
- Clean plates, trays, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans using an industrial dishwasher or by hand.
- Consistently adhere to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Perform general cleaning as directed, to include sweeping, mopping, emptying of trash and recycling bins and boxes, ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Ensure appropriate cleaning schedule is maintained for utility areas and equipment
- Follow all food safety protocols; receive and put away stock/deliveries in designated storage areas
- Provide assistance to prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times
What you need:
- 1-3 years previous dishwashing experience preferred
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility; ability to switch between tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Reliability and a willingness to work in a hot, humid environment
- Ability to stand/move about for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs
- Ability to adhere to company safety and sanitation procedures
- Good communication skills and a great attitude
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Free Meals Provided
- Free Uniforms
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help the Virginia Episcopal School and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Central Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.