Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Cook, responsible for the preparation, cooking, and presentation for daily meals and special events at a private school located in Northwest, DC.
What you will do:
- Assist Chef with all aspects of production; work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations
- Adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recordings
What you need:
- Culinary Degree or a minimum of 4 years culinary experience preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably school environments.
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Metro DC market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.