Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Cook, responsible for the preparation, cooking, and presentation for daily meals and special events at Hollins University, an independent liberal arts university serving over 800 students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful campus nestled in the heart of Roanoke, VA.
What you will do:
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Assist in maintaining quality and performing tasks quickly and efficiently
- Adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recordings
What you need:
- A minimum of 4 years culinary experience and/or a Culinary Degree preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably school environments.
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Reliability and a willingness to work in a hot, humid environment
- Ability to stand/move about for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership, hospitality skills and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company that is aligned with the Hollins’ mission. Help the Hollins University shine and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Central Virginia education market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.