Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Cashier; someone who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality while performing basic food service responsibilities at Hollins University, a beautiful campus nestled in the heart of Roanoke, VA. This position will be from noon to 8pm, Monday – Friday.
What you will do:
- Greet customers with a positive and friendly attitude
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers
- Maintain accurate cash drawer
- Keep the checkout and additional food service areas clean and orderly
- Assist in basic cooking duties such as making sandwiches and preparing simple dishes
- Assist in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations
What you need:
- 1+ years of Cashier experience preferred
- 1+ years of Food Service experience preferred
- POS experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable Transportation.
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership, hospitality skills and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company that is aligned with the Hollins’ mission. Help the Hollins University shine and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Central Virginia education market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.