Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Cafe Supervisor, responsible for supervising all Coffee Shop operations while providing our guests with the finest drink service, accompanied by attentive and gracious service at Guilford College, a vibrant liberal arts college serving students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful 349-acre wooded campus in the lively college city of Greensboro, North Carolina.
What you will do:
- Supervise staff during all aspects of coffee shop events to ensure high-quality service standards and presentations are met
- Greet and interact with customers while displaying a positive and friendly attitude
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Monitor and ensure food quality, service and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout shifts
- Provide day to day coaching, support, training, and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, food safety guidelines, and customer service expectations are met.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of food and beverage stations to ensure quality standards.
- Assist leadership in supervising and assessing staff needs; supporting purchasing and inventory activities.
- Foster an inclusive environment for all staff and guests, while maintaining effective client and customer-centric relationships.
What you need:
- A preferred minimum of 3 years Barista/Cafe supervisory experience
- POS experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience promoting and driving coffee programs
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Emerging leadership skills and strong customer service orientation
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties including rotating nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the (REGION) market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.