Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Front of House/Catering Manager that will be responsible for assisting the Director in all aspects of account operations, in particular, Front of House and Catering at The Holton Arms School; an all-girls college preparatory school located in the woodlands of Bethesda, MD that serves roughly 700 students, faculty, and staff.
What you will do:
- Provide day to day coaching, support, training, and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, food safety guidelines, and customer service expectations are met.
- Oversee booking, planning, execution and communication related to all campus catered events, as well as any off-campus events.
- Plan menus for special events to meet company brand, standards, and budget requirements.
- Supervise staff during all aspects of catered events to ensure high-quality service standards and presentations are met
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of the dining area and food stations to ensure quality standards.
- Assist leadership in supervising and assessing staff needs; supporting purchasing and inventory activities.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers, and employees.
- Foster an inclusive environment for all staff and guests, while maintaining effective client and customer-centric relationships.
- Work alongside Management for all personnel decisions, to include recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and firing.
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree or 5+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Dining Room operations; demonstrated experience in promoting and driving catering program
- Experience using online Food Management Systems preferred.
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Emerging leadership skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred.
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
The Holton Arms School’s mission is to cultivate the unique potential of young women through the “education not only of the mind, but of the soul and spirit.” Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help the Holton Arms School and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Maryland market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.