Requisition # 1103
Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Grill Cook, responsible for the preparation, cooking, and presentation for daily meals and special events at Guilford College, a vibrant liberal arts college serving students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful 349-acre wooded campus in the lively college city of Greensboro, North Carolina.
What you will do:
- Ensure quality and timeliness of hot food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Grill, cook, and garnish a variety of foods according to customer requirements.
Prepare and produce food using large-volume cooking equipment such as grills and deep-fat fryers.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Assist in maintaining quality and performing tasks quickly and efficiently
- Adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP recordings
What you need:
- Culinary Degree or a minimum of 4 years culinary experience preferred
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations, preferably school environments.
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Cultivate your culinary skills with an employee-owned, value-based company that prides itself in growing great talent.
Guilford College prepares its students to be productive, responsible members of a world community through a transformative, practical and excellent liberal arts education program designed to prepare career and individual development. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Guilford College shine and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Greensboro education market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.