Meriwether Godsey is seeking a Director of Business Development responsible for shaping strategy and driving growth for our employee-owners through new partnerships, as well as retention of existing relationships.
What you will do:
- Lead all phases of the business development efforts from researching prospective organizations, identifying best fit opportunities, developing networks and relationships with stakeholders, preparing proposals and delivering, and negotiating contract terms.
- Understanding our industry, you will monitor trends and evaluate and recommend potential market and business opportunities appropriate for our business.
- Facilitate, as needed, transition processes to assure a positive client experience.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with clients to expand our network of opportunity and to facilitate “reselling” of our services.
- Work closely with marketing to develop standout materials and messaging and engage our target audiences.
- Work closely with operations to develop and articulate winning proposals and terms.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or ten years of related experience
- C-level sales acumen
- Experience negotiating and closing multi-million dollar agreements with professional, executive-level clients
- Technical, financial and analytic abilities
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong customer service orientation and passion for hospitality
- High energy, self-motivation, persistence, with sharp business ethics and a competitive and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in contracted food services preferred
What you will get:
- Access to competitive employee wellness benefit coverages such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more
- Competitive compensation package including base salary commensurate with experience, commission structure, and annual bonus eligibility
- Inclusion into an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A community-focused environment dedicated to empowering personal and professional growth
- This position reports to the CEO
- Up to 75% travel
Meriwether Godsey, an Employee Owned, Women Business Enterprise, offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Mid-Atlantic market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.