Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Bartender, responsible for providing our guests with the finest drink service, accompanied by attentive and gracious service for a retail venue located in the heart of Richmond, VA.
What you will do:
- Make and serve mixed alcoholic beverages and additional hot/cold beverages
- Greet and interact with customers while displaying a positive and friendly attitude
- Pour wine and serve draft and bottled beer and other drinks and beverages
- Check identification of customers, to ensure that they are of legal drinking age
- Operate cash registers, collect payments from customers, and return change
- Maintain bar inventory to ensure a smooth flow of service
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work station including, but not limited to breakdown bar/beverage area, sweep and mop service area, empty trash cans, etc.
What you need:
- 1-2 years bartending or catering experience
- Familiarity with state and local laws regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages
- TIPS Certification preferred but not required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Ability to carry 30lbs+ and to stand for 5-6 hours
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Richmond market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.