Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Catering Assistant; someone who assists the set up, service, and breakdown special events at Guilford College, a vibrant liberal arts college serving students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful 349-acre wooded campus in the lively college city of Greensboro, North Carolina.
What you will do:
- Set up tables, linens, chairs, and serving stations for full service banquet events.
- Maintain a clean and organized dining area to facilitate workflows and minimize safety hazards.
- Greet and welcome guests, and respond to specific requests in a courteous manner.
- Collect used dishes and utensils from tables and return them to the dishwashing area
- Perform cleaning tasks and breakdown of service
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness
- Reset banquet as specified by Management to ensure readiness for other functions.
What you need:
- 1-2 years of Catering/Banquet Service experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Ability to stand/move about for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs
- Ability to handle high volume customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Greensboro education market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.