Meriwether Godsey is looking for an Administrative Assistant, responsible for providing front office administrative support to ensure efficient operations for the Meriwether Godsey Corporate Office located in Lynchburg, VA. This position will be a temporary, 10-week assignment with a full-time (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) schedule.
What you will do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for incoming phone calls through a multi-line phone system; handling all incoming requests for information and coordinating with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, printing and copying, setting up for meetings, reordering and restocking supplies.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service as you interact with customers via via phone, email, and additional forms of communication.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Run errands to local area business to gather supplies or collect wares
- Perform additional projects assigned by Corporate management
What you need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of Office/Administrative experience preferred
- Proficiency in Gmail and other Google applications preferred
- Experience with a multi-line phone system preferred
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent communication and superior organization skills
- Flexibility; ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at once
- Must demonstrate a high-level of professionalism and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent judgment is required, along with the ability to think and act quickly.
- Reliable Transportation
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Central VA market!
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.