Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Sustainability Coordinator, responsible for developing, proposing and implementing programs designed to promote the highest level of environmental responsibility and sustainability at Guilford College, a vibrant liberal arts college serving students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful 349-acre wooded campus in the lively college city of Greensboro, North Carolina. This is a Part-time opportunity.
What you will do:
- Establish relationships with Guilford Farm, local growers, producers and vendors within 150 miles of the Greensboro area.
- Partner with GC community to develop and share sustainable best practices.
- Assess waste levels from dining operations and establish measurable waste reduction initiatives (composting, waste management and awareness with our guests, and increased recycling).
- Work with campus and local organizations to schedule and track food donations
- Collaborate with student groups to achieve mutual goals concerning our services and the conditions within dining areas.
- Work with Marketing to develop signage and prepare educational material.
- Communicate initiatives and assess effectiveness.
- Tracking and recording local purchases
- Coordinate Sustainability events
What you need:
- Associates or BA in sustainability management or environmental studies
- 2-5 years experience in sustainability management
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe Food Handlers Certification Preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and superior organization skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Greensboro market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.