Meriwether Godsey is looking for an Executive Chef responsible for leading and managing a high volume food production program, as well as special events and high-end catering at the Foxcroft School; an all-girls college preparatory school located in the heart of scenic Northern Virginia that serves roughly 200 students, faculty, and staff.
What you will do:
- Communicate daily with production staff on all food production activities.
- Purchase organically and locally produced foods, whenever possible, and work alongside production staff to incorporate these products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis.
- Oversee menu development, purchasing, and production, incorporating the latest trends and practices
- Ensure proper food temperatures are reached, maintained, and recorded; ensuring daily records of food usage and other compliance regulations are kept.
- Lead by example; engaging and developing direct reports and team members through ongoing support, monitoring, coaching, and feedback.
- Establish and maintain strong vendor relationships while researching price variations.
- Implement and maintain HACCP standard.
- Maintain effective client and customer-centric relationships
- Deliver high-end catering
- Lead all Back of House phases of financial planning, budget/cost analysis and reporting to set, monitor and achieve operating and financial goals
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree or five or more years of related food service experience.
- 5+ Years experience in Contract Food Service Operation, High-End Catering Management, and High-Volume Dining, and Multi-Unit experience
- Application and promotion of current food trends
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- Participative management style and excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Account and Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP), sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
The Foxcroft School’s mission is to create an inclusive, vibrant learning community built upon respect, integrity, kindness, and service while continually seeking a deeper and fuller understanding of the world. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help the Foxcroft School and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Northern Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.