Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Cook, responsible for the preparation, cooking, and presentation of daily meals and special events for a residential school program located in scenic Salem, VA. This position is Part-time with potential for additional shifts. Work schedule will be Tuesday and Wednesday for a 5-6 hour shift.
What you will do:
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs.
- Prepare hot and cold product needed for daily service.
- Work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis.
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Assist in maintaining quality of production and performing tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to food safety, sanitation standards, and all HACCP regulations.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 2 years of culinary experience preferred
- Experience with high volume food service operations, preferably school environments
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Richmond, VA market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.