Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Food Service Associate at Guilford College, a vibrant liberal arts college serving students, faculty, and staff on a beautiful 349-acre wooded campus in the lively college city of Greensboro, North Carolina. The position is a 9-month opportunity following the school schedule!
What you will do:
- Greet customers with a positive and friendly attitude
- Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals while handling exchanges in a quick, efficient manner
- Transport food and supplies to serving area: assist in the set-up, maintain, breakdown of dining, food serving and beverage areas.
- Serves and replenishes food from food counters and steam tables.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Keep dining room areas and assigned kitchen areas neat and organized
- Clean and sanitize work areas, dining tables, chairs, and equipment throughout and after meal periods
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of other kitchen areas by following daily and weekly cleaning assignments
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
What you will need:
2-5 years related food service experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Excellent communication and good organizational skills
Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
ServSafe Food Handler Certification preferred.
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Richmond, VA market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.