Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Full-Time Utility Steward/Dishwasher responsible for maintaining the sanitation of the kitchen, servery, and dining room at Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, VA. This role is a 9 month Full-Time position, following the academic calendar of the seminary. Some summer work may be available.
What you will do:
- Clean plates, trays, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans using an industrial dishwasher or by hand
- Consistently adhere to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace
- Perform general cleaning, as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of trash bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Ensure appropriate cleaning schedule is maintained for utility areas and equipment
- Receive all food products and supplies and follow all food safety protocols; receive and put away stock/deliveries in designated storage areas
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in coolers, freezers, and storerooms
What you need:
- 0-2 years previous dishwashing experience preferred
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility; ability to switch between tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Reliability and a willingness to work in a hot, humid environment
- Ability to stand/move about for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs
- Ability to adhere to company safety and sanitation procedures
- Good communication skills and a great attitude
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the DC, Maryland & Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.