Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Lead Cook, responsible for the preparation, cooking, and presentation of daily meals and special events at a private day school located in Northeast, DC. This role is an 9 month Full Time positions, following the academic calendar of the seminary. Some summer work may be available.
What you will do
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of food production, using traditional, made from scratch batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of the product.
- Maintain a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen and adhere to food safety, sanitation and all HACCP standards.
- Assist in training and developing other cooks in MG recipes and approaches, guiding kitchen staff in safe operating procedures
- Conducts daily pre-production/service meetings and conducts training for staff in an assigned area
- Additional duties may include: purchasing/ordering necessary products, responsible for team production, quality assurance, and other
duties as requested
- Following prep list created by Chef, measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down of food and supplies at assigned stations.
- Assist in maintaining food quality and performing tasks quickly and efficiently
What you need:
- Lead Cook: Minimum of 4 years culinary experience desired
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
- Experience with high volume foodservice operations
- Strong leadership and organizational skills; ability to work in a professional team orientated environment
- Strong communication skills and customer service focused
- Passion for reducing waste and promoting sustainable practices
- ServSafe® Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Reliable Transportation
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the DC, Maryland & Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.