Meriwether Godsey is seeking a Chief Operations Officer responsible for leading operations strategies, service delivery, organizational processes and infrastructure to ensure sustained growth and success in step with our mission and values. With your experience and talents, you’ll be able to lead our team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience within the industry, perhaps having worked your way up through the ranks to your role as an executive. We believe this trajectory helps develop a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures of the foodservice industry.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the CEO and other senior leaders in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, and annual operating plans.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity; building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention within Operations.
- Drive fiscal responsibility and accountability with current clients; anticipate industry operating and culinary trends and partner with the senior team to drive innovation and establish plans to incorporate new concepts and trends into our programs.
- Position the organization to remain competitive; driving personalized, successful services and initiatives.
- Coordinate operational teams, tools and resources, and systems to ensure maximum efficiency, value, and time for the field with their teams and customers.
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
- Be a champion of company culture by making decisions and taking actions that embody our values.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, concentration in Hospitality, Culinary Arts, preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in multi-unit food service or hospitality operations, senior management experience a must, executive leadership preferred.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- High level of business acumen including accounting and financial management.
- Fluency in data analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Proven track record of driving client and customer satisfaction with an inherent passion for food services and hospitality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- High energy, self-motivation and persistence; sharp business ethics and a competitive and entrepreneurial spirit.
What you will get:
- Access to competitive employee wellness benefit coverages such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more
- Competitive compensation package including base salary commensurate with experience and annual bonus eligibility
- Inclusion into an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A community-focused environment dedicated to empowering personal and professional growth
- This position reports to the CEO
- Up to 75% travel
Meriwether Godsey, an Employee Owned, Women Business Enterprise, offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded and supported by people who are passionate about serving others.
Enjoy a community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Mid-Atlantic market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.