Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Director of Dining Services responsible for leading all dining, retail and catering operations at the Foxcroft School. Located in the heart of scenic Northern Virginia, Foxcroft School is an all-girls college preparatory boarding and day school serving roughly 200 students, faculty, and staff.
What you will do:
- Manage all account activities to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently and reflect the MG brand
- Lead all phases of financial planning, budget/cost analysis and reporting to set, monitor and achieve operating and financial goals
- Lead by example; engaging and developing direct reports and team members through ongoing support, monitoring, coaching, and feedback.
- Lead team in preparing meal production while embracing fresh, local, scratch; oversee menu development, purchasing, and production, incorporating the latest trends and practices
- Deliver high-end catering; oversee booking, planning, execution and communication related to all campus catered events, as well as any off-campus events.
- Foster an inclusive environment for all staff and guests; maintain effective client and customer-centric relationships.
- Maintain HACCP standards and healthy environment for clients, customers, and employees.
- Lead all personnel decisions, to include recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and firing, growth, and development of team members, and performance monitoring.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or ten years of related experience
- 5+ Years experience in Contract Food Service Operation, High-End Catering Management, and Campus Dining experience
- Participative management style and excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Account and Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP), sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Application and promotion of current food trends
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay
- Meals Provided
- Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. Cultivate your culinary skills with an employee-owned, value-based company that prides itself in growing great talent.
The Foxcroft School’s mission is to create an inclusive, vibrant learning community built upon respect, integrity, kindness, and service while continually seeking a deeper and fuller understanding of the world. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment where you may grow your leadership and hospitality skills, and your career opportunities with an employee-owned, value-based company. Help the Foxcroft School and Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Northern Virginia market!
Interested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.